UGHH General Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UGHH General Discussion Board

This message board is for visitors of our site to ask questions and discuss topics that are not necessarily hip hop related.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Business Tatts

+10
Lum
mcfuck
nsr
josh rebel
Mcpolyatomic
aboriginese gina
clark thorny
ace frizzle
GR8
Opie
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Business Tatts Empty Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:18 pm

Opie

Opie
Runoff World Heavyweight Champion

I don't have any tattoos. I like girls with tattoos. I like tattoos in general. I jsut don't have any. some things i love i grow to hate and some thing i hate i grow to love. that's what throws me off tattoos, i don't want to hate something on my body. enough going on without shitty art on it.

that being said i've been toying with the eyedea of some business tatts for awhile now. i probably won't do it. i can't end up with a picture of mayor mcheese eating a crying cheeseburger on my chest or a shitty tricycle (sorry chuck).

https://ughhforums.forumotion.com

2Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:23 pm

GR8

GR8

what do you mean by business tatts?
some of the best tattoos are done on a whim
some of the best tattoos are super simple

ive been trying to find time to get a maverick tattoo done but, like you implied, i don't want this fucking guy on my chest when im 50

Business Tatts Terrordog

3Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:25 pm

ace frizzle

ace frizzle

Business tats??

???

Anyway, it you're going to get something get something that says something about you, or something that will never change about you.. Think long and hard about it

I agree that there's some dumb fucking tattoos out there and most of them are done impulsively

4Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Opie

Opie

business tats like my nga kd

tatts that are hidden unless you gittin down to bussssssiiiiinnnneeeeessssssss/hidden during business hours.

Business Tatts Kevin_durant_has_a_lot_of_tattoos_under_his_jersey

5Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:35 pm

GR8

GR8

If you like tattoos, it doesn't mean you have to get one either.
That's how you end up being some dumb wop with a cherokee indian chief mural on his ankle and a barb wire rosary on his chest

6Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:39 pm

GR8

GR8

oh shit is that durant
i that nga was a blerd

7Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:42 pm

Opie

Opie

everything seems pretty normal tatt stuff. grandmas name, childhood house etc but the washington nats symbol right in the middle throws me for a loop.

8Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:48 pm

GR8

GR8

hes from DC

a lot people from cincinnati have the Reds C tattooed somewhere
ive got the state of ohio on my elbow

9Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:49 pm

Opie

Opie

ok i studied it out and the W in the dc has evolved into our Boston B or Atlanta's A. it goes beyond baseball much like the red sox B and is a claim to where you live.

btw the boston B is number one the closest i've come to getting tattoo'd. civic pride motherfucker.

10Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:12 pm

ace frizzle

ace frizzle

That looks nothing like Boston's b.

Totally different font

(I'm sorry don't ban me)

11Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:20 pm

GR8

GR8

tony is that rooster mexican?

12Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:24 pm

clark thorny

clark thorny

the washington nationals logo also looks a lot like the wal-greens logo

Business Tatts Walgreens-W-logo

13Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Opie

Opie

my buddy who did that skull painting is pretty trill artist so im gonna have him work up some variations of the boston b and atlanta a and get em where faggots get those emo stars i thinks. im gonna work down from there.

also if a_d/honus wants to throw some shit out there ill for sure throw you loot if i use one of your designs. just start with a outline in black of the letter then do whatever. if you want to shade it. put barb wire around the letters and have them bleed. idk. whatever you want.

for ref:

Business Tatts Atlanta_Braves_Cap_Logo_on_Black_BgBusiness Tatts Redsox

14Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Opie

Opie

ps. if you do a bunch of designs ill pay you for your time even if i dont use them.

pss. if anyone else is a good artist that i don't know about pls do as well, i just own honus/a_d (once he sends me my van gundy)/ my buddy irl artwork so those are the people i'm asking.

15Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:34 pm

GR8

GR8

honestly your best bet imo might be to look up the good shops nearby, make an appt, and have them draw it up some ideas for you

theres probably portfolios posted on their websites

16Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Opie

Opie

my buddy drew all his own tatts and i like them.

he also recco'd me a couple guys who would be best in the city to do this style of tatt. can i make an appointment, have them draw stuff up and not decide right away what to go with and come back?

17Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Opie

Opie

Pls use this thread to share how you guys landed on your tatts tia

18Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:53 pm

GR8

GR8

yeah a lot of times you can walk in and theyll ask you about what youre looking to do, who you want to do it, and make a quick appt to do some sketches with you there.

19Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:10 pm

aboriginese gina

aboriginese gina

Some have described the placement as “business tattoos,” meaning one of the league’s rising stars isn’t jeopardizing his marketability by marking up his limbs. The truth is that’s precisely what Durant has done. He’s strategically stained his skin only in areas where companies and consumers could never spot his growing mural of body art.
Durant confirmed the deliberate placement of his designs following a practice in early May when the Thunder was in a Western Conference semifinals series with Memphis. A day earlier on Twitter, I had verified a reader’s query as to whether the images on Durant’s chest from a previous photo were real. It sparked shock among my “followers” and led to a series of subsequent questions.
Within minutes, the social networking conversation had made its way to Durant, who happened to be live streaming a recording session from his in-home music studio. Durant immediately checked his phone on the broadcast and told viewers he does indeed have tattoos before adding, “so what?”

20Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Mcpolyatomic

Mcpolyatomic
HLB
HLB

I have no problem with my trike .all of mine are buisness tattoos if I wear long sleeves which I have to for work

21Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:58 pm

josh rebel

josh rebel
HLB
HLB

i got two tattoos

got the first one when i was 18 lol

and the second in the beginning of the summer this year

all business, nigga

22Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:25 pm

nsr

nsr

a couple of my beantown frends have the redsox B

my tats are covered while wearing business casual but the reality is i live in socal and it doesn't rlly matter pple dont even bat a lash and i think that holds true all up and down the west coast (regarding visible tats).

for business casual you can always go inner bicep, shoulder, back, chest, riblets.. basically a lot of areas.

go for it.

23Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:25 pm

ace frizzle

ace frizzle

Gr8 are u referring to the cock on my leg?

That's a jap rooster iirc

The artist got it from a book of ancient Japanese art

Prob the biggest asian cock you'll ever see

Most of my tats have something to do with my name

The first one i got signifies my middle name, which is a family name. I won't say what it is here bc you know, streets is watching

But the one on my forearm is also name related, its st Anthony holding the Christ child

The rooster is bc I was born in that year

I have a lion on my left leg, bc it's the CONQUERing lion of Judah

And you know the one on my chest which everyone thinks is stupid and gay is my grandfathers initials

I don't care about "business tats" bc I decided long ago that if was gonna be some kind of business asshole I would be a business asshole that owns my own business... Fuck an office job I would go absolutely insane doing that. Id hang myself in the John with my the first week

I'm not slamming anyone else who does that kind of job and wants business tags though.. That's what they want, that's fine with me. I understand that. Live and let live

Sorry if I started coming off like a paleface itt

24Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:31 pm

ace frizzle

ace frizzle

*tie
*tats

Sorry

Why can't I edit my shit anymore?

25Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:01 pm

nsr

nsr

ace where are these leg tats located thigh, calf?

i have a tat on my calf but i rlly want one on the front of my thigh for some reason

i have a friend who is heavily tattooed im talking leg sleeved arms back chest all of that he had a high paying corporate finance job and he just finished his masters and is working as a consultant

he told me none of his clients every say a word abt his tats and he doesn't make any effort to cover the ones on his forearm

rlly if you think abt it we are the most tattooed generation baby boomers know this and tattoo policies are ever changing

26Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:26 pm

GR8

GR8

nsr wrote:ace where are these leg tats located thigh, calf?

i have a tat on my calf but i rlly want one on the front of my thigh for some reason

i have a friend who is heavily tattooed im talking leg sleeved arms back chest all of that he had a high paying corporate finance job and he just finished his masters and is working as a consultant

he told me none of his clients every say a word abt his tats and he doesn't make any effort to cover the ones on his forearm

rlly if you think abt it we are the most tattooed generation baby boomers know this and tattoo policies are ever changing

bingo bango...no one cares anymore. if you do your job well, people look past it.

27Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:59 pm

mcfuck

mcfuck
HLB
HLB

GR8 wrote:
nsr wrote:ace where are these leg tats located thigh, calf?

bingo bango...no one cares anymore. if you do your job well, people look past it.

<<<this guy, but tbh i came up from the skreets in this shit. word life

28Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:45 pm

ace frizzle

ace frizzle

Yeah they're on my calf

My whole upper left arm is pretty much untouched so i got some space to fill before I even think about doing anything on my thighs... My right arm is pretty much almost covered except for some space around the elbow (I'm a pussy)

iiWii... After a while you forget you have them until some bro is like " whoooa dewd yer tatted up"

But I have nothing like the ones Maff has.. That's a whole other echelon of commitment and vision

29Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Opie

Opie

Tony is gr8 right? Should I go to an artist and schedule an appointment and have him draw something. Seems like a good idea so if I want to build on it it'll be the same style.

I've been polling my friends irl too. I'm a newb I need guidance.

30Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Opie

Opie

Oh and a majority of my friends have visible tatts just for personally I'd like them like KD. Just a preference thing, not dissing visible tatts I love them, wish I was that brave and cared less about what people think (problem I have duh).

31Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:40 am

ace frizzle

ace frizzle

Yeah man consult an artist... An artist that's reputable. Google image search something that will give him a general idea of what you want.. It most likely won't be exactly like the image you find when he's done with it. Hell contort the image and redesign it so that it fits better wherever it goes on your body. You gotta kind of trust him a little with what he wants to do with it bc h knows better than you how it will look when it's through...

That's why I say find someone reputable. You don't want an indifferent piece of shit just cuz hell do it for $100 cheaper find someone who respects his own craft and is not a meth snorting fuckface

32Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:47 am

Lum

Lum

tony is right, ultimately these people are artists. you should find one whose work you like, don't go cheap, and then trust them to their craft. a good artist will give you good guidance and work with you on body placement, size, etc. im gettin some work done buy this guy in a couple weeks.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/liam-sparkes

33Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:57 am

GR8

GR8

a good tattoo artists loves to direction and constructive criticism. go in with a bunch of ideas and don't hesitate to provide plenty of detail.

you're paying him. cosign ace 100x about not fucking with indifferent tattoo artists.

anybody can pick up a tattoo gun these days. fuck my neighbor does them on the porch.

34Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:00 am

Opie

Opie

yeah my friends have tons of work i know where im gonna go and the guy im gonna use. hes a spanish dude and his style is right up my alley. my buddies recommended him and this other dude for me but i like the spanish guys work best. theres a place my friend from these here internets recommended too but i cant find their portfolios online. she has lots of unique pieces i like though from that shop. probably gonna bop by there one day with her and check out their books before i decide. big decision, wouldn't let anyone draw on my body.

35Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:05 am

harvard offense

harvard offense
HLB
HLB

I'll give you 1,000 bucks to get a swastika tattooed on your chest. Whenever someone brings up Spike Lee you have to take off your shirt and tell them you love American History X.

36Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:12 am

Opie

Opie

lol

ill have to respectfully decline

37Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:29 am

howatoca

howatoca

<------- imho

kinda skimmed, what exactly do you want tattoo-wise?

38Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:13 pm

wockawockawockaflame

my grandfather got inducted to the local bball hall of fame and i got his number and pop in a ball. went to a studio a few friends went to and let the artist draw it up. just gave him an idea of what i wanted. when i went back he had 3 or 4 drawings i picked my favorite and he did it. way better than anything i couldve drawn up. imo another reason to go to a tattoo artist to draw is bc theyre gonna draw it to flow better on whatever part of your body u pick. shit looks different on paper.

::ponderingbo::

39Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:17 pm

seapwny

seapwny

not very businesslike i'm afraid

Business Tatts ZWdlk

o weLL

40Business Tatts Empty Re: Business Tatts Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:19 pm

seapwny

seapwny

had i better studied it out i probably would have used the shinobi pic instead

Business Tatts 8f113544