UGHH General Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UGHH General Discussion Board

This message board is for visitors of our site to ask questions and discuss topics that are not necessarily hip hop related.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harry, I Built The TV Stand

+5
tgodd
josh rebel
Muslim Teen Hunger Force
Opie
clark thorny
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:21 am

clark thorny

clark thorny

hey harry,

I considered posting this on the Uncle Harry board, but thought better of it, as I am not really asking for advice.

I finally got the TV hung up, and hid the wires behind the wall. I realize now that the TV stand definitely needs a back to hide the remaining wires that need to be plugged into the devices and the cable wire that comes from the floor. I did a decent job for the picture of hiding them, but it was impractical.

Harry, I Built The TV Stand Tv_stand

Also, see that little piece of shit attached to the bottom of the TV? Thats from the stand. Getting that little cock off is harder than I imagined and I wanted to just get the TV hung up. It will be gone soon, even if I have to use my new oscillating tool from harbor freight to do it.

In case you forgot what the old one looked like:

Harry, I Built The TV Stand Coffee_Table_3_zps7583f2c7

2Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:59 am

Opie

Opie
Runoff World Heavyweight Champion

not sure if this is possible but is there a way to hang the "stand" so those legs aren't there? a hanging stand under a hanging tv would look pretty kewl imo.

also is that what time warner cable boxes look like in nyc? comcast infinity sucks but at least our shit looks slick. your cable box looks like a VCR, write a letter to your cable provider and demand sleeker cable box designs.

https://ughhforums.forumotion.com

3Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:30 pm

clark thorny

clark thorny

my friend has a much sleeker looking box. but honestly this one is a huge improvement on my older box that looked like an Xbox circa 2005.

I mentioned hanging the stand on the wall, but my girl got sad because her dad hand made those legs for us.

4Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:35 pm

Muslim Teen Hunger Force

Muslim Teen Hunger Force
HLB
HLB

Dope champion man shit

5Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:42 pm

Opie

Opie

this probably isn't the best picture but its the only one on my phone that shows my cable box. its black and small and sleek.

Harry, I Built The TV Stand OkCnX

6Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:50 pm

josh rebel

josh rebel
HLB
HLB

i think we bought our tv stand at some furniture warehouse and haven't looked back since

7Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:26 pm

tgodd

tgodd
Admin

Harry, i live in an emasculating apartment

8Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:08 pm

Opie

Opie

i wonder if all the different grains of wood in my room is giving harry anxiety.

9Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:20 pm

clark thorny

clark thorny

pretty standard for a boston apartment imo

what concerns me more than the hodge podge of wood is that floral pattern on whateverthefuck kind of furniture that is. is that a futon type thing??????

at this point in my life i am such a fucking utilitarian when it comes to design. thats why if i lived in your room id throw that penguin out the window.

im sure the story of how you got that penguin is funny, but at a certain point there is no room for dust collecting tchotchkes

10Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:21 pm

clark thorny

clark thorny

opie can you give me a birds eye floor plan (including furniture placement) of your room?

include any and all tchotchkes in the picture.

11Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:41 pm

Muslim Teen Hunger Force

Muslim Teen Hunger Force
HLB
HLB

I recently got mad boners for what i would like to be an impressive centre piece in my living room when i stop being a lazy cunt and get some shit built.
Tell me what yew guise think about aquascaping....

Basically an aquarium for plants, though small easily maintained fish look good in them too.

This video is longer than Harrys ballsack but the man seems to be some kind of aquascaping god. The first 10 seconds shows his creation.

12Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:52 pm

josh rebel

josh rebel
HLB
HLB

thats why if i lived in your room id throw that penguin out the window.

13Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:47 pm

Opie

Opie

yeah the penguins been with me for ages. as a minimalist myself its my sole possession from boston >> atl >>> boston that made it. the hodge podge thing doesn't actually go there, its a foot rest to an old antique rocking chair i got at good will that's pretty badass imo. i can take a picture of the layout either late tonight or 2 mor ow.

14Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Opie

Opie

it also goes back to an inside joke me and my sister had growing up where we acted like cross eyed penguins. gay but true.

people of course have told me to ditch the penguin. esp girls. the penguin stays until it really annoys a girl to the point where he will reside in the basement or attic. that will be a sad day.

edit: the penguin actually doesn't live there atm anyway hes in a diff spot. i got a big ass houseplant there atm.

15Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:11 pm

nsr

nsr

Opie wrote:i wonder if all the different grains of wood in my room is giving harry anxiety.

lol

and each grain going in different directions

*head spin*

16Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:14 pm

tyroneshoes

tyroneshoes

Ok, not bad at all. I thought it would be lower to the ground but it still looks good. Also, if you wanted to make it floating, its very easy but since the legs match...its a toss up

Tossing a back on there is easy, just cut it/have it cut to the perimeter with some 1/4" pressboard or masonite and then cut holes or squares with new tool to run wires. Paint it black and it just looks like a shadow. Mount the power strip behind it screwed or double side tape/velcroed to the new backing. With some twist ties, you wont see any wires because its all hidden behind the board.

17Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:28 pm

tyroneshoes

tyroneshoes

Also, a backing would make the furniture piece seem more substantial and solid and it will look deeper since you will not see the wall. That will make a huge difference.

But I agree, with this size, no drawers or cabinet but DEFINITELY a black painted backing.

18Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:15 pm

NoHeadlights

NoHeadlights
HLB
HLB

Really diggin ur custom furniture clark

19Harry, I Built The TV Stand Empty Re: Harry, I Built The TV Stand Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:29 pm

VA Gina

quite fond of the penguin tbh

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum