UGHH General Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UGHH General Discussion Board

This message board is for visitors of our site to ask questions and discuss topics that are not necessarily hip hop related.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Empty Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:03 am

Opie

Opie
Runoff World Heavyweight Champion

GOTY

https://ughhforums.forumotion.com

2Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Empty Re: Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:23 pm

Opie

Opie

I forgot to set my fantasy lineups last night I was so entrenched in FC3. A lot of people have said "It's like Skyrim... with guns" which is somewhat true. The best part of far cry is the random shit that happens while your just chilling walking around. For instance you can hang glide over a group of people being attacked by an emu and swoop down and save them and they pay you and thank you and you walk away and a tigers on your asshole so you use your animal repellent and book it but fall down a cliff into the ocean and now you have sharks on your ass and you swim to shore but its a pirate outpost so your sneaking around in the weeds with your bow or silenced sniper rifle and now you're trying to stealth kill them all but some dickhole sees you and blows your cover so you just stroll in and take out your LMG and flamethrower and torch/machine gun the place to hell.

anyway its dope. there's enough random BS going on in the completely no load time huge open world setting that the tasks dont seem monotonous. Sure, at each outpost you win for the good guys you have two death missions (go kill this guy) and one hunting mission (kill this animal with this gun) and climbing cell towers to view new parts of the map can get tiresome but the main story line kills it. good characters, good voice acting, i've heard complaints by some that once you're in a main story mission you can't ditch and come back which is true but fuck it. i like that the story is structured.

this is my review goodbye.

3Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Empty Re: Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:16 pm

:/

Sounds dope, I'm really looking forward to playing it

4Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Empty Re: Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:48 am

tgodd

tgodd
Admin

what about xcom? i hguess i'll get fc3 for owen? do you need to have played the other ones?

5Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Empty Re: Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:12 am

Opie

Opie

nah they're all separate entities so you can just jump into FC3 it's all different characters story which are unrelated to the first two.

6Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Empty Re: Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:57 am

tgodd

tgodd
Admin

sweet

7Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Empty Re: Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:14 pm

Opie

Opie

Oh and I haven't played Xcom nor do I know much about it. It was in the game spot goty cat with fc3, me3, dishonored and mp3 so I'm assuming its good.

I see people online talking about once you take over the island on FC3 there's not much to do. How the fuck do these people find the time? This games gonna take me at least another couple weeks to work through if not more. In actuality this game will probably carry me till next year where ill transition to fallout 4 and GTA. (And other shit that probably isn't on my radar)

8Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Empty Re: Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:39 am

tgodd

tgodd
Admin

well i remember the original xcom was really hard and i failed at it. now that i am a man i think i'll try this one

9Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Empty Re: Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:57 am

josh rebel

josh rebel
HLB
HLB

Xcom is so goooooooodd

10Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Empty Re: Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:27 pm

tyroneshoes

tyroneshoes

Ive had Dishonored for a week and didnt even open it yet. Loosing interest in video games I think.

11Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Empty Re: Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:39 am

tgodd

tgodd
Admin

bought fc3 but haven't played it yet. i'm really into books right now.
Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review 2843507743

12Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Empty Re: Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:16 am

Found this pretty hilarious

http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-reasons-you-shouldnt-play-best-video-game-year

(admin edit: no need for ahref code, just copy/paste links just chilling )

13Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Empty Re: Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Opie

Opie

that article is pretty hilarious and sums up FC3 well. It's just stupid fun and a lot of it. If you go in trying to analyze the plot of the story and if it's logical and bullshit like that you're thinking too much. Just have fun and murder some shithead pirates who are trying to kill you and your buddies and become an island warrior in an interactive deep no load time open world oasis.

14Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Empty Re: Far Cry 3: A Video Game Review Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:56 am

tgodd

tgodd
Admin

I can't believe they punished me for murdering my douchebag friends

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum