UGHH General Discussion Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UGHH General Discussion Board

This message board is for visitors of our site to ask questions and discuss topics that are not necessarily hip hop related.

You are not connected. Please login or register

challenger and the uconnect130 setup

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1challenger and the uconnect130 setup Empty Re: challenger and the uconnect130 setup Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:34 pm

mcfuck

mcfuck
HLB
HLB

yeh harry i need to query you re: this challenger and the uconnect130 setup in it.

post coming soon on your board.

2challenger and the uconnect130 setup Empty challenger and the uconnect130 setup Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:35 pm

mcfuck

mcfuck
HLB
HLB

+thats low mileage. criminal really.

3challenger and the uconnect130 setup Empty Re: challenger and the uconnect130 setup Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:31 pm

tyroneshoes

tyroneshoes

ok, you going to do a system?

4challenger and the uconnect130 setup Empty Re: challenger and the uconnect130 setup Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:17 am

mcfuck

mcfuck
HLB
HLB

lol at this magical post.

yes, but im not sure how deep into it i want to dig, eg, it has steering controls and im not ready to change the h/u yet.

really id like to add an amp/sub to the existing system, but i dont think the deck has anything there.

5challenger and the uconnect130 setup Empty Re: challenger and the uconnect130 setup Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:04 am

tyroneshoes

tyroneshoes

mcfuck wrote:lol at this magical post.

yes, but im not sure how deep into it i want to dig, eg, it has steering controls and im not ready to change the h/u yet.

really id like to add an amp/sub to the existing system, but i dont think the deck has anything there.

Not going to be an issue.

I recommend changing the front speakers and adding a sub and a single 3/4 channel amp for them

You can always retain steering wheel controls with an adapter if you change headunits as well. I have a Jeep with steering wheel controls that work perfect with my pioneer deck.

Theres something for any issue you think you may have.

6challenger and the uconnect130 setup Empty Re: challenger and the uconnect130 setup Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:55 pm

mcfuck

mcfuck
HLB
HLB

ok, i have this old mono power amp, its the alpine pdx-1.600. i used to use that to push an older kicker cvr 10" in a band-pass box in rentals and later in my titan.

im going to get into the guts of this today since i have some time, but i dont want to have to use an loc.

is that the only way i can sub this setup?

and is that combo i posted a huge joke to you? y/n

scoff heartily if y. but yes please help.

7challenger and the uconnect130 setup Empty Re: challenger and the uconnect130 setup Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:31 pm

tyroneshoes

tyroneshoes

mcfuck wrote:ok, i have this old mono power amp, its the alpine pdx-1.600. i used to use that to push an older kicker cvr 10" in a band-pass box in rentals and later in my titan.

im going to get into the guts of this today since i have some time, but i dont want to have to use an loc.

is that the only way i can sub this setup?

and is that combo i posted a huge joke to you? y/n

scoff heartily if y. but yes please help.

No the pdx is a very good amp, I had the same one for a while. No need to ugrade. Im not a kicker fan however.

If you plan to use the PDX, you will need a LOC as there is no high level inputs on those amps.

This and the pdx and a sub will sound great

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LC2I/AudioControl-LC2i.html?tp=2001&kw=&org=pla&nw=g&crv=6541175065

Get them for $75 on amazon.

As far as a sub, we will swap that and choices are endless.

But I will have to see if a signal summing loc like the cleansweep is needed if you plan to swap ou all speakers or if all you need is some low end.

8challenger and the uconnect130 setup Empty Re: challenger and the uconnect130 setup Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:57 pm

mcfuck

mcfuck
HLB
HLB

ok, i have an loc, its not that one, and i think the one i have is pretty cheap if i remember right.

that one looks like the one i need though for sure.

i think im going to hook this up and order that loc/filter and perform some swaptronics when it arrives.

so, whats the best way to tap into the speaker signals? can you do it w/o deleting the speaker?

9challenger and the uconnect130 setup Empty Re: challenger and the uconnect130 setup Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:14 pm

tyroneshoes

tyroneshoes

mcfuck wrote:ok, i have an loc, its not that one, and i think the one i have is pretty cheap if i remember right.

that one looks like the one i need though for sure.

i think im going to hook this up and order that loc/filter and perform some swaptronics when it arrives.

so, whats the best way to tap into the speaker signals? can you do it w/o deleting the speaker?

You need to splice another wire in there then reconnect it. Cut the wire, strip it on both sides and add a new wire into the mix to run to the loc, twist them all together and solder/tape/krimp. Only thing is you want to use a speaker that receives a full range signal (usually large speakers and doesnt have in any built in eq (like a bass cut at loud volumes to protect speakers). This audiocontrol adapter makes sure that it receives the full signal with no bass cut so its def the one you should use if you want to do it right.

Also it has a second rca output if you decide to upgrade your fronts.

10challenger and the uconnect130 setup Empty Re: challenger and the uconnect130 setup Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:46 pm

mcfuck

mcfuck
HLB
HLB

quick update.

its in, i installed an inline switch and jumped the sys rem over on the amp.

ive never been sure where to set this amp/sub combo for pickup. ive had one buddy say 65hz, another say 55.

maybe thats not the best way to put it.

do you understand what im saying harry, and do you have any rec on that amp setting?

+what other 10" would I put in there with this?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum